Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Capt’n Sapo (finished)

Figone : 68mm Bust
Sculpted by Allan Carrasco

I've already finished my Sapo, my first painted bust ever :) It was a real pleasure painting this beautiful bust and I really enjoyed during the painting process. I've learned many techniques that I tried an experiment and applied on this bust. I'll definitely buy another bust to paint it again. May be another bust from Figone, we'll see :)

ผลงานการเพนท์บัสชิ้นแรกของผมครับ ผมมีความสุขและสนุกมากในการทำงานชิ้นนี้  อาจจะเป็นเพราะได้ทดลองเทคนิคการทำสีใหม่ๆหลายอย่างๆที่ไม่เคยลองมาก่อน แล้วนำมาประยุกต์ใช้ในงานชิ้นนี้ ซึ่งเป็นประสบการณ์ที่ดีและรู้สึกพอใจกับผลที่ได้มากครับ แน่นอนว่าในอนาคตคงจะหางานประเภทบัสมาทำอีกครับ ไม่แน่อาจจะเป็นบัสท์ตัวอื่นๆของทาง Figone อีกก็เป็นได้ครับ












Also, this was my first time to use the metallic paints "Silver Paint Set" from Andrea. I bought it several months ago after disappointed in metallic grain from the other brands. After tried it on the metallic part of Sapo, I think the result is better than the previous metallic paints that I used especially on the metallic grain. It also easy to blend and gradient the colors with ink that comes with this paint set. Maybe I'll write an article about how to paint true metallic metal with this paint set in the future.
By the way, there is another metallic paint set from Scale75 that looks very interesting after I saw an experiment of using it on Volomir's blog. I don't know which brands has a better result, maybe the best way is to try it by yourself.  Happy painting to all of you :)

นอกจากนี้ นี่ยังเป็นครั้งแรกที่ผมได้ลองใช้สีเมทัลลิค "Silver Paint Set" ของ Andrea ครับ ผมซื้อมาเมื่อหลายเดือนก่อน เพราะเคยลองใช้สีเมทัลลิคของยี่ห้ออื่นๆแล้วไม่พอใจกับเกร็ดของสีที่มันดูใหญ่เกินไป หลังจากที่ได้ลองใช้สีชุดนี้แล้ว รู้สึกว่าผลลัพท์ที่ได้จะดีกว่าสีเดิมที่เคยใช้ โดยเฉพาะเกร็ดของสีที่ดูละเอียดกว่า และการใช้งานยังง่ายต่อการเกลี่ยสีและไล่น้ำหนักแสงเงาด้วยสีหมึกที่มีมาให้พร้อมกันในสีชุดนี้ บางที่ถ้ามีโอกาสผมอาจจะทำบทความเกี่ยวกับการใช้สีชุดนี้มาให้ได้ลองดูกันครับ ว่าใช้แล้วออกมาเป็นอย่างไร
อีกอย่างนึง ตอนที่เขียนอยู่นี้มีสีชุดเมทาลิคที่ออกมาซักพักแล้ว ของ Scale75 ครับ ผมเห็นตัวอย่างการทดลองใช้งานของสีชุดนี้ในบล็อกของ Volomir ดูแล้วน่าสนใจมากครับ ผมไม่แน่ใจว่าระหว่างสองยี่ห้อนี้ ยี่ห้อไหนจะให้ผลลัพท์ในการทำงานที่ดีกว่ากัน ทางที่ดีคงจะต้องลองใช้ด้วยตัวเองดูครับ Happy painting ครับทุกท่าน :)

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning work. Thanks for sharing the whole WIP and good luck in the competition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic work! Thank you for such detailed tutorial and good pics! I was looking at the process since beginning and it was really interesting. I so like a leather, skin pattern and these wonderful eyes - great findings and techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Gary & River, for your kind words.
    I really appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for doing this all your tutorials. Your work is inspiring

    ReplyDelete