Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Orruk Megaboss (part 10)

For making the base, I used tree bark to create rock platform. I tend to use tree bark for this purpose instead of cork because the randomness of texture makes it look more realistic than cork in my opinion, it is also easy to cut and shape with art knife.

I collected different types of tree barks that felt from the tree around my neighborhood so I can choose which type is suited my idea, shape and size of the base. The tree bark I used on this base I think it is some kind of pine tree. I cut and shaped it with art knife, put it in layers and glued together with white glue. After it dried I added a tree branch and sculpted roots with DAS modeling clay (big roots) and Magic Sculpt (small roots).

I also used DAS modeling clay to fill the gaps between bark layers, then sanded lower edges to flush with the plastic base. I applied diluted Tamiya putty to fill the gaps on the edges then sanded again for a better result.

สำหรับการทำฐาน ผมเลือกใช้เปลือกไม้มาทำส่วนที่เป็นลานหิน เนื่องจากลักษณะผิวไม้ที่ขรุขระและไม่เป็นระเบียบจะช่วยให้จำลองลักษณะของหินได้ดีกว่าการใช้ไม้ก๊อกในความคิดส่วนตัวครับ และเปลือกไม้นั้นยังตัดแต่งได้ง่ายด้วย 

โดยผมจะเลือกเก็บเปลือกไม้ชนิดต่างๆที่หลุดจากต้นมาเก็บเอาไว้ เพื่อที่จะได้นำมาเลือกใช้ให้เข้ากับแนวคิดและลักษณะหรือขนาดของฐานที่จะทำ ซึ่งอันที่เอามาใช้กับฐานชิ้นนี้เป็นเปลือกของต้นสนชนิดหนึ่งครับ นำมาตัดให้ได้รูปทรงที่เหมาะกับฐานและเรียงต่อกันเป็นชั้นและติดกาวเข้าด้วยกัน เมื่อกาวแห้งแล้วนำกิ่งไม้แห้งมาติดด้านหลังเพื่อเพิ่มเรื่องราวและใช้ดินปั้น DAS และ Magic Sculpt มาปั้นเป็นรากไม้อีกทีครับ 

จากนั้นใช้ดินปั้น DAS มาอุดรอยต่อระหว่างเปลือกไม้ และส่วนขอบของเปลือกไม้ที่ติดกับฐาน ขัดส่วนของขอบฐานให้เรียบเสมอกัน แล้วอุดรอยต่างๆด้วยทามิย่าพุตตี้และขัดให้เรียบอีกรอบครับ





No comments:

Post a Comment