Monday, April 13, 2015

Night Lords Night Raptor

(Space Marines On Display no.05)

I've been working on this project for the past few months, and it is finally finished. I decided to paint a marble pillar on this base, because the pillar is the main structure of the base and I want it looks attractive. I painted the marble pillar once on my previous project, but this time I used a different technique to paint marble. It was also applied from faux marble painting that used to decorate the house's interior or kitchen , but this time I focused on creating the textures on the marble in order to make it looks more natural. The result of this new technique looks more realistic in my opinion, I really love it :) You can see the different from my previous painted marble on the base for Black Templars The Emperor's Champion.

I'll write a step-by-step article of making and painting this base and it will be published in a future issue of Figure Painter Magazine.

นี่คือผลงานล่าสุดที่พึ่งจะทำเสร็จครับ เป็นโครงการที่ใช้เวลาทำอยู่นานพอสมควรเพราะผมจะสลับทำกันงานชิ้นอื่นๆบ้าง ในงานชิ้นนี้ผมตัดสินใจที่จะลองทำสีในส่วนของฐานให้เป็นเสาหินอ่อนดูอีกครั้ง เนื่องจากตัวเสานี้จะเป็นโครงสร้างหลักของฐานและผมต้องการที่จะทำให้มันดูน่าสนใจมากกว่าเสาปูนเรียบๆทั่วไป ซึ่งเทคนิคที่ผมนำมาใช้ในการทำสีหินอ่อนนี้ ผมดัดแปลงมาจากวิธีการเพนท์ที่เรียกว่า faux marble painting ที่เป็นการเพนท์แบบเลียนแบบและจำลองลักษณะของหินอ่อนให้เหมือนจริงเพื่อใช้ในการตกแต่งภายในอาคารหรือห้องครัว เพื่อให้ดูเหมือนกับว่าเป็นการนำหินอ่อนจริงๆมาใช้ในการตกแต่ง และผลลัพท์ของวิธีใหม่ที่นำมาลองทำกับงานชิ้นนี้ก็ดูสมจริงขึ้นกว่าเดิมในความคิดของผมครับ หากเปรียบเทียบกับหินอ่อนที่เคยเพนท์เอาไว้ก่อนหน้านี้บนฐานของ Black Templars The Emperor's Champion ก็จะเห็นความแตกต่างอยู่พอสมควรครับ

ผมคงจะเขียนบทความตั้งแต่วิธีการสร้างและการทำสีของฐานชิ้นนี้ และคงจะลงตีพิมพ์ใน Figure Painter Magazine เร็วๆนี้ครับ แล้วผมจะแจ้งให้ทราบอีกทีเมื่อทราบฉบับที่จะตีพิมพ์ครับ 
















4 comments:

  1. Great result indeed. Famously paint, perfect atmosphere ...Hot jets are perfect, painting of the column is excellent:-). Really awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the marble is a step up from your BT base work. Great job. Loving the lightening and nmm work so crisp. I agree with Ark too those jets do look like they are powered with that orange glow. The red rubble ties the base and mini together well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for my late reply. Thank you so much for the kind comments from both of you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely wonderful work. I have been scouring the internet to find some good tips/tutorials on painting marble......finally - I've found your work!! Inspiring stuff!

    ReplyDelete