Monday, July 27, 2020

Northumbrian Theng Jórvík, 866 (Finished)

FeR Miniatures: Portraits from the Middle Ages
1/16 scale resin bust

Here're the final photos of this bust. It was a fun project and I really enjoyed during the painting process. The helmet was the most difficult part to paint. I tried to replicate the appearance of the real Coppergate helmet that I found some references online. It was done with metallic paints and inks from Vallejo, and Scale75. I'm quite happy with the results even though it has a lot of glitters on the surface. I was too lazy to fix it or do it all over again so I left it like this and I'll try to solve this problem next time I have to deal with TMM, lesson Learned!
By the way, The rest of the bust were painted with Kimera Kolors. I really like these paints and will try to use them more often in the future.

ภาพงานบัสที่ทำเสร็จแล้วครับ เป็นอีกหนึ่งงานที่สนุกมากและใช้เวลาในการทำงานค่อนข้างน้อย งานชิ้นนี้ใช้สี Kimera Kolors ในการเพนท์ทั้งหมด ยกเว้นส่วนของโลหะที่ใช้สีเมทัลลิกและสีหมึกของ Vallejo และ Scale75 ครับ 
ส่วนที่ยากที่สุดของงานชิ้นนี้คือการเพนท์หมวก Coppergate helmet ที่มีส่วนผสมระหว่างเหล็กและทองแดง สีของหมวกจึงต่างกับหมวกเหล็กทั่วไป เวลาเพนท์จึงต้องมีการเพนท์สีทับกันไปมาเพื่อให้ได้ผลลัพท์ของสีโลหะตามภาพอ้างอิง 
ส่วนตัวค่อนข้างพอใจกับผลลัพธ์ที่ได้ แม้จะมีปัญหาเรื่องเกล็ดของโลหะที่ดูใหญ่เกินไปทำให้เห็นแสงสะท้อนเป็นจุดๆชัดเจน  แต่ก็ถือว่าดีที่สุดที่ทำได้ ณ ขณะนั้นแล้ว ที่สำคัญคือขี้เกียจมาแก้หรือเพนท์ทับใหม่อีกรอบก็เลยปล่อยผ่านไป 😅 เก็บความผิดพลาดไว้เป็นประสบการณ์ ไว้มีโอกาสได้เพนท์สีโลหะในคราวหน้าค่อยพยายามทำให้ดีขึ้นครับ หวังว่าคงจะชอบกันและเร็วๆนี้คงจะมีงานชิ้นใหม่มาให้ชมกันอีกครับ 😃













No comments:

Post a Comment