Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Eldar Farseer

This is the first mini that I've finished since I live here. It took several months to finish because at the early months when I arrived, I have many things to do about living and studying. And when I have more free time for painting, I realized that I've forgot some of my frequently used tools in Thailand. Many things that necessary for modelling such as sandpaper, putty, glue, palette, oil paints, pigments and a lot of materials for making the base. *o* Now I'm start to collecting all of this stuff again.

At this time, I still don't have airbrush and compressor. It's the important tool for my works (especially if I want to build AFV models or Diorama). Because even all of my minis were painted with a brush, but for the priming and coating (Flat clear) I always used an airbrush, which better than using a black primer spray or super clear flat spray in my opinion. And of course, airbrush can do many things better and faster than a brush, this is the important tool that I must buy asap.

However, This mini was finished by using acrylic (VMC) for both painting and weathering. I've changed the color scheme and added freehand for make it different than GW version. Also, these pictures were taken with my brother's camera. It's not a good camera for taking close up pictures like this, which It's needed for taking miniatures pictures to show their little details. Sorry for some blurred details and out of focus, this is the best I can do at this moment  :( 









Lastly, I'm not sure about the correctness of grammar while writing this article. Hope it's better than before and I'll keep practicing for the better. :)

2 comments:

  1. A fantastic paint job.

    Sorry I've not been posting so much - my computer has been playing up!

    Tony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tony, always a pleasure for any comments :)

      Delete