Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Skaven Warlord

Here is another project I've finished in this month :) This time I focused on working with true metallic metal. It's different than NMM technique as I usually use especially the reflection of the metalic colors, and It makes this technique a little bit difficult during the painting process. Also, I followed these tutorials as shown below and try to make it the best that I can :)
  
   - True Metallic Metal - Step by Step video tutorial 
      by Iguazzu from Cursed Monkey (very helpful and ease of understanding)
   - Metallics article by Automaton
   - Tutorial - Painting True Metallic Metal (TMM) 
      by Jarhead from MASSIVE VOODOO
      (both articles are quite interesting and very helpful as well)

For painting TMM, I used metallic colors from Vallejo Model Air & Model Color (Silver & Gun (VMA), Silver & Gunmetal Grey (VMC) and Citadel (Runefang Steel & Sycora Bronze) and used Dark Rust, Light Rust (Vallejo Panzer Aces) for the rusted area inside the shadow.

After it finished, the result wasn't good enough as I expected, especially the grains of the metallic looks a little bit too big and off the scale (when comparision to the others in those tutorials). Maybe it because I coated the whole mini with flat clear and it made the grains clearly visible. I'm still working on this technique and need more practice. :)










This mini is up for sale on ebay along with Eldar Farseer. If you are interested, please click the names below for the links to the auction :


Happy bidding all :) 

Also, I've decided to accept commission works for painting miniatures wargames or historical figures. If you are interested in my works and have any questions, Please feel free to contact me via: tgdbk1-at-gmail-dot-com

No comments:

Post a Comment