Thursday, August 4, 2016

2nd Missouri Cavalry "Merrill's Horse", 1863 (finished)

FeR Miniatures: Portraits from the American Civil War
1/16 scale resin bust
Sculpted by Eduard Pérez

I have never finished any figures in this scale before, I used to think it was quite too big for my personal taste. This is the first kit in this scale that I bought because it is a beautifully sculpted bust on a subject that I like, which is great for me rather than starting with the full figure, so I decided to give it a shot.

The painting was done with Vallejo Model Color and Vallejo Model Air (metallic paints for the blade). It was also the first time that I used gold metallic paints from Scale 75. They have very fine grains and were easy to use, I am very impressed with the result. I think I will find more of their paint sets to use in the future especially the steel paint set. 

After I finished painting this bust, it made me feel more confident in painting a figure in this scale and wanted to try again on the full figure. Maybe I will find some 1/16 figures to paint in the future.
However, this was a fun project and I will definitely find more busts from this series to paint again (check out the full series [HERE]). Happy painting everyone!

ที่ผ่านมาผมไม่เคยทำฟิกเกอร์ในมาตราส่วน 1/16 มาก่อน เพราะรู้สึกว่าฟิกเกอร์ในขนาดนี้มันใหญ่เกินไปสำหรับความชอบส่วนตัว ผมจึงไม่เคยได้ซื้อฟิกเกอร์ในขนาดนี้เก็บเอาไว้เลย งานชิ้นนี้จึงเป็นฟิกเกอร์ตัวแรกในมาตราส่วนนี้ที่ได้ลองนำมาเพนท์ดู เนื่องจากชอบการปั้นของงานชิ้นนี้และเป็นหัวข้อของ American Civil War ที่ตัวเองสนใจ ที่สำคัญคือเป็นงานบัสแบบครึ่งตัว ทำให้รู้สึกว่าชิ้นงานมันไม่ใหญ่เกินไปเลยอยากที่จะลองทำดูครับ

สำหรับการทำสีก็จะใช้สีของ Vallejo Model Color เช่นเดิม และใช้สีโลหะของ Vallejo Model Air สำหรับเพนท์ในส่วนของใบมีด ส่วนของโลหะที่เป็นสีทองในครั้งนี้ผมได้ลองนำเซ็ตสีทองเมทัลลิคของ Scale 75 มาใช้ดู ซึ่งผลลัพท์ที่ได้นั้นน่าพอใจมากๆครับ เกร็ดสีมีความละเอียดดีมากและทาได้ง่าย มีโทนสีที่สวยแบบที่ต้องการ ที่เห็นในภาพส่วนของสีโลหะจะทาเป็นส่วนสุดท้าย และไม่มีการพ่นหรือทาเคลือบใดๆบนทั้งสีเหล็กและทองครับ

หลังจากที่ทำงานชิ้นนี้เสร็จแล้ว มันทำให้ผมเริ่มรู้สึกชอบงานในมาตราส่วนนี้มากขึ้น และอยากที่จะลองหาฟิกเกอร์แบบเต็มตัวมาลองทำบ้างในอนาคตครับ ส่วนฟิกเกอร์แบบบัสในมาตราส่วนนี้ แน่นอนว่าคงต้องหามาทำเพิ่มอีก เพราะรู้สึกว่ามันสนุกและเหนื่อยน้อยกว่าการเพนท์บัสขนาดใหญ่มากทีเดียว และในซีรี่ส์นี้ของ FeR Miniatures ยังมีที่ปั้นสวยๆอีกหลายตัวเลยครับ ลองเข้าไปชมกันได้ตามลิ้ง [HERE] ไว้มีโอกาสเมื่อไหร่คงจะได้นำมาให้ชมกันอีกที แล้วพบกันใหม่ Happy painting ครับ










No comments:

Post a Comment